A refreshing traditional Hawaiian Salad of raw fish. Endless flavour combination possibilities. This is our take on it!
A refreshing traditional Hawaiian Salad of raw fish. Endless flavour combination possibilities.
Make sure you salmon is deboned then proceed to cut: Salmon, Avocado, Red Onion, Cucumber, Spring Onions to either uniform dices and/or sliced
Mix the Marinade ingredients together. Make sure the sugar is dissolved properly. Leave for 20 minutes or so.
Use the rice as a the base in your bowl. Then start layering; cucumber, red onion, edamame, avocado, spring onions, salmon.
Top up with your added toppings.
- Replace Salmon: It really doesn't have to salmon. Traditionally hawaiians use Ahi Tuna (not much use in Singapore; but you can replace it with any sashimi grade Tuna, Salmon Ootoro, Tako (octopus) or any other sashimi you can think of.
- Rice: Instead of leaving it bland, you can also marinate your rice with some flavours! A little; mirin, sugar, rice vinegar would work wonders!
- Add more flavour: Add more flavour into your marinade! You can start with a little yuzu, grated lemon zest even an odd jalapenos wouldn't me amiss.
- Sesame Oil & Soy Sauce: Get the best. Really. The cheap chinese variety won't spoil the dish, but it doesn't generate enough umami for the dish.
- More Ingredients: Feel free to add more! Here's a few suggestions: Cherry tomatoes, Chopped coriander, Toasted sesame seeds, Garbanzo beans, Marinated Eel, Kimchi, Siracha Sauce!
- Dont waste the marinate! : Use the excess marinate to dress the dish!